Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CHILLY ARRIVAL CHANGES PLANS

Home, where it ought to be toasty and warm; but, where it's a bit brisk.  Thank goodness we have two furnaces (one for each level).  I walked in from the airport yesterday to a cool upstairs.  Thought the housesitter was just being economical, until I looked at the blank (?) thermostat.

Changed the batteries in it, 'assumed' all would be well (it worked earlier this year on the other thermostat), and left for a few hours.  Came home to an equally cool house.  Something's wrong.  Something else.  Something that may cost a few $$$ and some of my time waiting for service people.  Luckily there is that other furnace on the lower level - so some heat rises to the main living area.  In the meantime, the coolness will keep me moving - packages to get ready to send off, house to clean a bit more deeply, etc.  (Looking for the good here, folks!)

The furnace issue will change my plans for the day.  I had hoped to get to Wayne's class, then run some errands, come home in time for Sundari's arrival (she's spending a few days with me), teach YogaHour, then relax.  Oh, I also have a car to pick up sometime (maybe they'll deliver).

I often hear (and talk) about the changes people experience in their attitudes when they begin a committed yoga practice.  This is one good example.  I could be thinking "oh, no, the ceiling is falling, the ceiling is falling -- my day is ruined, I'll never be able to get things done, I better cancel everything!"; instead, I'm accepting the fact that there is a problem, and figuring out ways to work around and with it.  That doesn't mean I don't have moments of panic, it just means I deal with them differently than I might have 12 years ago.

BTW -- there is a pilates exercise, done on a contraption called 'the chair'.  It's a pretty good imitation of a press-up.  Able to get in at least 3 of those yesterday.  Feet don't go higher than hips, and not balancing totally on arms, but it certainly has the 'action' of a press-up in it.  Feel pretty good about that.

Also, had my second session on the Mac yesterday.  This furnace issue will give me the morning to clean up some files and organize documents, class plans, photos, etc., a bit.

All the while, I'll think about this past weekend.  That will keep spirits afloat.  AND, I have a warm lower level to do a practice in and some press-up attempts.

Enjoy your Tuesday,

No comments: