Wednesday, December 30, 2009

EVERYONE WON'T LIKE ME (!?!?!)

First task of the morning, sit for a short meditation.  Then, to the computer, with my coffee.

This morning, I was welcomed by an e-mail from a student wondering about classes.  In my December newsletter, I did state that I would have information about a class now on 'holiday hiatus'.  This student was holding me to my word -- as in, the January newsletter came out and I didn't make mention of plans for that particular class' future.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there are people in my life who keep me on track.  Whether it be while teaching ('you forgot the right side'), while running the studio ('what about the future of the class you said you'd tell us about'), or my personal life ('don't forget to do this').  Keeps me on my toes.

The interesting thing is that there are 4 classes each week that will fit this student's needs.  Two taught by me, one by another instructor, and the 4th by this student's instructor of choice.   In my newsletter, I addressed this -- as in, when encountering a different instructor, take a breath and go with it; do not stay away from a class just because there is a sub or someone you don't know is teaching it -- we can learn something from every teacher we encounter.

Since this student has attended a few of my classes (or been subjected to my subbing), I must accept that she has learned that she doesn't enjoy something about me or my teaching.  Enough about that -- I'm getting depressed and I've lost my train of thought; as in, where was this all taking me, what am I learning?  Not sure, so I'll change the subject -- AND, I'LL READ 'THIS WEEK'S FAVORITE'.

Today to Tubac (I love phrases that sound like song titles or lyrics).  Tubac is a small artist's community south(?) of Tucson.  I am a lover of almost everything Native American, especially jewelry.  The last time we visited, I found a great store (they call it a trading post), where the cabinets were filled with old and new jewelry.   A veritable silver & turquoise mine!  There are lots of wonderful artists living in this old community -- pottery, sculpture, paintings, etc.  Will be fun.

I hope you have a great Wednesday,

No comments: