Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MORE IS GOOD, RIGHT?

Yesterday I received my Christmas present early.  This is practically unheard of in our home -- we never give or open gifts early, it's a matter of our Christmas tradition. 

But, this is a year of change, I guess -- as I sat working on my laptop yesterday a.m. (cursing a bit as it slowly moved through its motions), Howard walked out and asked if I would be upset if my Christmas gift arrived early.  "Of course not", I replied.  And, voila!, he walked out with a small box and bag containing a Macbook Pro!!!

Wow!  Totally blown away.  I had considered asking for a new laptop, but thought it extravagant; after all, I was dealing with the 'slowness', and it was working, eventually.  I had also (secretly) been watching Mac users with some envy -- they all seem to fly around their keyboards, using multiple screens, have music, etc., etc., etc. 

Now I have one - a Mac.  And, now I have ANOTHER challenge.  To become a 'switcher' (I think that's the word the author of MacBook for Dummies gives people like me.).  That same author says we are VERY intelligent people -- that's a good thing. 

So, down to the Apple store with both computers in hand (to transfer data); will pick them up today and get a short intro.  My very generous husband also purchased tutorials and support -- so, lots of help for this challenge. 

This is short because I'm using his computer, and he needs to get to work on it. 

Exciting days ahead,

1 comment:

Sundari said...

YOU GO GIRL - I was a switcher many many years ago and I will never go back. Welcome to the "light" side. Yipee, it s always nice to have Christmas early and it will be a delight to follow the Mac way. Sundari