Wednesday, December 23, 2009

SLOWING DOWN, BUT STILL MOVING FORWARD

As in, slowing down for the Holidays.  The house is decorated, the gifts are bought (and shipped, if necessary), now just slow down and wait.   A nice feeling to begin this day.

When Anusara® initiated the category of Inspired™ instructor, I was among the first to sign on. I viewed Certification as something I might do some day; but, at that time, Inspired™ was enough.   As I completed my Level II Teacher Training with Martin & Jordan Kirk, in 2007, I decided to step out of my protective shell and say it, "I want to be Certified".  That set me on a 2-year path to this moment.

I began working with my mentor, Sundari, and I began to infuse my studies with the goal of being Certified.  A bit unreasonably, I hoped to be Certified by the time I turned 60, and I would joke with fellow students -- "CBS, Certified By Sixty".  I even joked about having a t-shirt made up.  Glad I didn't.

So, here I am 60 (+ a few weeks) and I mailed my application with Sundari's recommendation last week; now I wait for word that I am accepted.  Once that happens, a new journey begins.  New trials -- like, getting very familiar with my video camera.  Not to mention the test (I remember once a young woman, whose profession was some kind of scientist, saying it was like writing her thesis all over again -- that is a bit daunting).

But, I know this stuff.  I study, I read, I practice, I meditate, I look for ways to improve my teaching and to empower my students.  I am ready.

What does all this have to do with the first paragraph of this blog -- my whole journey in yoga has been slow and steady.  A gradual progression that makes me happy, makes me feel good about myself and the impact I have on others.  So, onward -- slow and steady, even if I'm a bit giddy about it all.

Have a great Wednesday,

No comments: