Monday, December 28, 2009

VACATION, NOW WHAT?

Sitting in my mother-in-law's living room with husband and dogs (we left cats home with the housesitter).  Drove from SLC to Tucson, taking 2 days to get here.  Nice, uneventful drive -- everyone arrived happy, dogs and us.

But, now what?  #1 on my list - I do plan to get over to YogaOasis (maybe tonight), and - hopefully - take in one of Darren's classes.  In previous visits, I've tried -- only to be foiled by subs (good classes, but not Darren).  So, to date, I have yet to study with him, unless he is assisting John.

Other plans:  We'll get in some good walks, thanks to the dogs.  We have to find Howard his Christmas present (he wants a specific kind of cowboy boots, not available in SLC - this brand may not be available here, but maybe another brand will offer similar styling).  There is a beautiful 'Y' within walking distance, so we'll spend time there.  And, we will enjoy visiting with my mother-in-law -- a very gracious and vivacious 80+ years old.

When not going, we'll be reading, napping (my choice), practicing yoga (also my choice), studying a bit (a good time to review and prepare for future events), learning more about the Mac and maybe organizing photos (I know there are on-line tutorials I can do, while I'm away from my one-to-one sessions).

Daunting, tho, to wake up to no routine activity, no studio to clean, no class to teach.  The blog and e-mail will remain constants.  However, as I've written this, I've become aware that there are lots of things I can and will do - in addition to enjoying 'no routine'.

Enjoy your holiday week,

No comments: