Saturday, December 12, 2009

A WEEKEND FOR ME !!!



I sound pretty pathetic -- as in, I don't EVER get time for myself; so celebrate, everyone, I get 'a weekend for me'.  Not true,  I do get time for myself -- my family is more than understanding of "me time".

This weekend, however, is especially special.

We are with our son and his family - wife, Jessie, and sons, Jack & Brady (see the picture).  Truly a beautiful family with a HUGE heart.  They are helping me celebrate my 'sensational' sixtieth birthday, a couple weeks late, but we planned it this way.  Each day of this weekend is a little more celebration.  Last night was enjoying the boys, receiving a wonderful album they'd created with pictures of my life and letters from both Derek and Jessie.  These letters bring tears to my eyes each time I read them -- and I've read them a number of times in the past 10 hours.

I also received a Lululemon gift card (talk about the way to a woman's heart; especially a woman who teaches and practices yoga).

The little touches are as meaningful and as important -- everywhere I turn - doors, mirrors, etc., are signs wishing me a 'Happy Birthday'.  We have activities planned through the weekend and - even if we were just 'couch potatoes' all weekend - it would be fun no matter what, being with this loving group.

What I love is the love being passed out by these two little boys -- Jack showing us all his important 'stuff' and telling us about Santa (this year, he is liking Santa Claus), and Brady loving up to Howard with lots of hugs and smiles (and, eventually, to me).  So much fun and - I've said it before - this makes my heart sing.

So, on with the weekend!

On the yoga front, I might try to take in a class sometime this weekend at Yoga Del Mar; but, my priority is enjoying these individuals who are going all out to make sure this birthday is special for me.  I do plan to find a corner and continue my press-up work, however.

Enjoy your day,

No comments: