Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CHANTING & OTHER NOTES

Well, each day I have chanted the Hanuman Chaleesa, per the '30-day Yoga Tigress Challenge'.  I have not, yet, felt the inclination to do the pose (hanumanasana) -- just hasn't fit into my practices.  But I will, because that was a personal challenge from over a year ago.

Story - a good friend who I see at many of the trainings and workshops I attend, was the hit of one workshop when he demonstrated his hanumanasana for the group.  That was inspirational.  To see someone about my age, who - I remember - had a hip issue a few years back, doing the pose with ease caused me to think "I can work towards that, also".  And, I have worked at it.  I am further into the pose, but not to the floor yet.

Other Notes:  Going to San Francisco to John's Immersion training in February.  Several reasons to attend:

  • First, this will be his opportunity to introduce the changes the curriculum committee agreed upon for Immersion Trainings last month.  
  • Second, it's the kick-off of the year's "Melt Your Heart, Blow Your Mind" world tour for him.  Not that I want my mind 'blown', but I do think it will be exciting and energizing to begin the year with this training.  
  • Third, no Tucson training this year.

For 5 years, I have trooped down to Tucson in February.  The first couple of years, I attended just the weekend workshop; following years, I stepped up and began attending the week-long trainings.   It was a perfect venue -- the Historic "Y", close to the University; which has been sold; thus, no more venue.  So, change -- this year we go to San Francisco.    

Then, a weekend in Driggs, doing a workshop with Christina.  That will be fun -- practicing with people I know and with a teacher I have great respect and admiration for.

But, before all this February stuff, I will do a teleconference series (3 classes) in January with Sally Kempton.   A meditation and contemplative workshop focusing on the goddess energies - their impact on the world and on us individually.  I have never studied with this teacher before; heard great things and have read her book 'The Heart of Meditation'.  Will keep you posted.

So, the study continues.  If any of my students are reading this, please note the study never ends. If it did, then the practice could become boring -- just going through same movement, stagnating so to speak.

Wayne's class this a.m., YogaHour at 4 pm.

Enjoy your day,

No comments: