Saturday, January 9, 2010

IS IT A 'JANUARY' THING?

I know I mentioned yesterday that the YogaHour classes were well attended this week -- same thing for Gentle Yoga.  Wednesday's Gentle class has been strongly attended for a few months now, but the Friday class has limped along attendance-wise; that is, until yesterday.

As I sat in the office at 9:45 I began to hear the door opening, shoes being stowed, footsteps on the stairs -- and it continued.  Right up until the start of class!  And, like Wednesday, when I walked into the room to start class, it took a few moments to quiet the group.  That same friendly energy, everyone talking, laughing, waiting for their class to begin.  Love it.

We 'journeyed' through the body, starting at the head and progressively moving down to the feet.  Gentle movement at first, then we moved to the wall for some standing poses.  I am encouraging wider stances, and - where the student is able - the wall gives a stable support for the back foot.  Then, I tried something rarely seen in my Gentle Yoga classes -- a partner pose (clasp wrists, back up and stretch).  They liked it -- who knew!?!?   Lesson here:  never underestimate my students.

So, back to my question -- is the increased attendance I've been privileged to, the result of January intentions/resolutions?  or, a trend for the future?   No matter -- I will enjoy the enlivened attendance numbers and - if I do my job well - these and more people will discover the value of yoga in their lives.

Today, 9 a.m. Level 1 (notice I've shortened the name - as much as I'd like people to know and understand 'Anusara-Inspired™'; for a while, I'll keep it (the class name) short.

Have a nice Saturday and weekend,

No comments: