Saturday, January 2, 2010

MY FIRST BLOG OF 2010 !!!

As we drove home yesterday, I had lots of time to think about 2010.  What it holds, what I hope to accomplish, the things I need to keep working on, even visualizing my hopes and dreams coming true.  I have set an intention that it will be a good year -- even tho I know there is a lot of work, personally, to be done, and acknowledging there will be a lot of issues related to family.

One year, when I was newer to yoga and Sanskrit, I used the word 'bhavana' as in 'set your bhavana (resolution)'.  Then, I thought Sanskrit was a more 'black & white' type of language; today, I know differently.  Depending on the translation you read, words can mean several things depending on who is doing the translating.

Today, bhavana still sticks in my head.  So, I 'googled' it -- Wikipedia defines it as 'development of' (i.e. citta-bhavana -- development of consciousness).  Sort of close to resolution.  When you set a resolution, you may be hoping to develop something.

So, I'll use bhavana again this year -- this time in a way perhaps closer to it's correct translation.  It will be very applicable, as I work to continue 'developing' my skills as a yoga teacher and yoga student.

My best to everyone for 2010!

No comments: