Sunday, February 14, 2010

AN AFTERNOON POST ?!?

Usually 99% of posts by me happen in the morning -- it's just a better, perhaps more creative, time of day.  Today, tho, I find myself with some time on my hands, sitting in the San Francisco airport waiting on a plane (which is supposed to be on time).

Yesterday (Saturday) was day one of the weekend workshop.  In the morning, I seriously questioned the wisdom of doing this workshop.  As I wondered why it seemed more difficult (as in, I am more tired), I remembered the last training I did with John (Boston, Oct. 2008), followed by a weekend workshop.  In that training, I think we did about 1.5 hour of practice in the morning, and maybe an hour in the afternoon. The rest of the time was spent teaching each other, watching Certified instructors teach and demo, and listening to John's teachings.

This training, we spent 2-3 hours each morning doing asana; then another 2 hours in the afternoon doing asana.  Granted the afternoons were seated poses -- hip openers, twists & hamstrings, but we worked really hard even in the afternoons.  Add 4 hours of lecture and discussion to that, and you have a pretty full day -- four days like this, one half day.

So -- much more asana in this training than in the past.  Maybe that explains my sore muscles and fatigue (might also be the nights out, but I'll go with the asana).  As well, yesterday and today involved 2 mile walks to and from the venue -- lugging one of the big Prana mats.  It's heavy enough to make one's shoulders a bit tender, but does give one a sense of security on the dark streets of San Francisco.

I was able to do most of this morning's session.  Got to his apex (I think) - scorpion, then had to leave.  I always like to give a personal thank you at the end, but that was not to happen today -- had to get to the airport.  At least I was able to share my appreciation on Friday.

So, back to life as normal tomorrow -- I'll be teaching 2 new classes at Kula Yoga Studio beginning this week -- a level 1 on Mondays at 9:15; and a class called "Everyone's Yoga" on Thursday mornings, 10 a.m.  This will kick my teaching up a notch, giving me a wider base of students, and offering me more exposure in the coming year.  Looking forward to it.

Have a great remainder of your Valentine's Day,

No comments: