Friday, February 26, 2010

GETTING READY

Up early to get organized.  Trying to leave the house in somewhat decent shape for my husband (who, unfortunately, is not 'driving to driggs' with us today).

Things to do?  Sort some paperwork (always paperwork); pack yoga clothes; pack computer attachments and a few books; load the car; generally pick up; maybe vacuum.  Can you tell vacuuming is low on the priority list?

I remember a day when I didn't leave my house without vacuuming it first (every day) -- what a different life that was!

We (Clytie and I) will get to the house about 3, giving us time to unwind a bit before the 6 pm start tonight of Christina Sell's workshop at YogaTejas (in Driggs).  Bonnie will roll in about the same time, we think; Sundari is joining us sometime during the day or evening.

Classes yesterday went well; plus Wayne and I spent some time discussing preparation for tests/videos - all related to the Certification path.

YogaHour at 4 was fun (like Tuesday).  Several had attended the Tuesday class, where we did some significant hip openers.  Comments heard were 'my quads are feeling it'; 'my inner thighs are sure noticing something happened; 'we better continue doing all that, or stop it'.  So, we continued -- more hip openers and inner thigh work.  I remember just 3 years ago being in the same situation -- I was not using the inner thigh muscles enough.  Once I began to use and strengthen them, my world changed.  I love the feeling of putting a leg over my shoulder and the sensation of that leg hugging in to my torso -- feels so strong and secure.  Everyone needs that same sensation, in my opinion.

Level 1 was Level 1 -- fun, basic stuff.  Interesting how many people have NEVER been told to un-lock their knees.  They do yoga with knee discomfort because their knees are locked back, and they just keep doing it because no one has told them otherwise.  When I reflect on my studies, one lesson that came through loud and clear from John was:  'if their knees are hyperextended, take them out of the pose, adjust/discuss/whatever, then have them do the pose again WITHOUT the hyperextension'.  Some things really stick with me, that was one of them.

Well, got to get off this computer and continue getting ready.  Can't be late!

Have a fabulous Friday,

No comments: