Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BOARDING PASS PRINTED . . .

I am happy to be going home.  It's been a challenging 2 weeks, but the worst is over.  Mom is moved into Assisted Living, Dad in Skilled Nursing (both in the same facility).  All that's left is to run up there on my way to the airport; drop off a few more last minute things; talk to staff - if needed; say my good-byes; and leave.

As I wander through an almost-empty house, I have lots of mixed emotions.  It was like leaving our son at college when I left Mom last night.  Roles do reverse.  But, she just wanted to go to bed and I knew there was much to be done at the house, so I left her to settle in on her own.

Back to my other reality (tho it has changed now) for a while -- teaching, studying, doing my own housework and laundry, running my own errands.  Then, it will be back here to handle the sale of this house; but first, TAXES.

So, got to get moving.  I hope you all have a nice day.  More notes of support yesterday --- Thank you, very much.

No comments: