Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HOME AGAIN . . .

All went as planned yesterday (thankfully).  Early morning, I took a few last-minute boxes with me and headed into see my parents at their new 'digs'.

Dad was doing great -- had had his breakfast, and was busily working in physical therapy -- big breakthrough, using his left hand to eat (a cruel hoax -- to be left handed and have a stroke affecting your left side).

Mom -- well, she was a bit frazzled.  Knew where she was, but not exactly happy about it.  I unpacked one load, left to get another.  The second time in, things were perking up.  Interesting that she will be totally depressed and 'tired' with me, then pull it together and be jovial, etc., when another person (i.e. staff) walks in.  Oh, well.

On to the airport.  Plane on time and the only downside to the flight was the intermittent crying from a young one in the row behind me.

As I sat down, I pulled out something to read.  Wouldn't you know I grabbed the "Empowerment Review" from Immersion I in San Francisco -- that's John's new label for 'quiz'.  Just 23 (or 24) pages long, it runs the breadth of the physical to the philosophical (most covered in Immersion I, and some will be covered in future Immersions).   So, I thought -- why not?  Started answering questions.  To my amazement, it's all still in there (the knowledge).  After a couple weeks without daily exposure, I had wondered.

The rule on this "ER" (quiz) is - as it is for the Certification Test - try to do it without books; then go to the books.  I think I confidently answered 75% of it without books.  A boost to my confidence level, for sure.  And, it was fun.  Take-home tests have always helped me absorb the teaching; I learned that from Martin & Jordan's Immersion and Teacher Training "Empowerment Reviews".  I do much better going over the material in a question/answer format -- and the book part (if needed) only helps me to remember the teaching more thoroughly.

Home on time.  Howard and I went to dinner, then a quiet evening sitting in my own chair in my comfy fleece.

Today?  Teaching Gentle Yoga at 10 a.m., then Book Club (where I am the reviewer of "The Help" - a great book, if you haven't read it yet).  All this between piles of paperwork and check writing, etc.  Catch-Up Time.

Have a nice Wednesday,

No comments: