Sunday, March 21, 2010

A GRACIOUS REPLY

After reading YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS ('will she get off this book soon?), I blogged about it -- but, you know that.  Then, I was so excited, I went to the Anusara® website and told the 'world' about it and my ah-ha moment with muscle energy.

I wondered during all this, where Anusara entered into their (the authors') field of knowledge and experience.  But, I went blindly forward with my excited writings, without ever checking.  After writing and submitting my entry to the Anusara® site, I decided to look to see if either author was listed in the 'teachers' section.  It turns out that Ellen Saltonstall (one of the authors) is a Certified Anusara® instructor.  Red face, embarrassment, chagrin, sheepish, whatever other words you can use to describe making a bit of a fool of yourself.

Oh, well.  I sent an e-mail to Ellen.  In it I confessed my un-educated writing (as in, not knowing she was Certified), then I thanked her for writing the book.  I wondered if I would get a response.  Maybe none would come; maybe she would think it wasn't worth corresponding with someone who could move so blindly forward without checking basic facts.

Well, that's not the way of the Anusara® world.  This morning, an e-mail waited for me.  An e-mail that very graciously acknowledged my correspondence.   Redemption.  She even offered to answer any questions I may have.  Nice lady.

--- So, enough on the book ---

Yesterday's Level 1 class was fun -- all students who had been in my classes before.  This time, tho, armed with the verse from the Tao (think of the small as large; the few as many), I was able to re-address hands and foundation in poses.  Because, while small in size, the placement and energy of the hands and feet are a big (large) deal in our yoga practice.  And, it is difficult - at times - to impress on people the importance of not fidgeting hands while in poses like down dog, plank, etc.  Got the message through in this class, tho.  They know exactly how I feel about fidgeting fingers!

Today's agenda includes cleaning.  There was no 'Good Fairy' visiting my house while I was gone; and it shows.  Maybe we'll clean all morning then go to lunch -- that would be a nice reward.

Have a good Sunday,

1 comment:

mandy eubanks said...

Hi Leslie,

Is this a differnt book from Yoga for Arthritis. Also a great book by ellen.

I enjoy reading your blog.

www.mandyeubanks.blogspot.com
Austin, Tx