Monday, March 22, 2010

ON BLOGS . . .

We all know - it's an established fact - that I love blogs (blogs about yoga, that is).  Oh, I have read others, but my desire to learn keeps me tuned in to the blogs that give me more information, more ideas, more philosophic interpretations, etc.

And, when I start to read, I notice they all are different -- just as you and I are different from one another; no blog is like any other.  Each person's voice comes through loud and clear.  Like our yoga teachers, some speak to us loud & clear; others, a bit fuzzy.  So, some blogs are preferred; others, not.

The blogs that give me information about teaching Anusara® yoga are my favorites (of course!).  And, they are not necessarily telling me how to teach, but sharing experiences in the practice of teaching.   Throw in a little humor or a rant here and there, and you've got me hooked.

Blogs that focus heavily on philosophy are good, but - like many yoga philosophy books - I need to read them over and over to begin to appreciate and understand them fully.  I did make it through Douglas Brooks' recent post, in which he talked about his teacher so lovingly.  I commented and he responded!

There are times, like this morning, when I wonder what my blog offers to the world (or to whoever stumbles upon it).  My goal is to share my experiences as I move along my path to Certification; information and knowledge that I think might be helpful to others doing similarly.  There are personal stories once in a while; hopefully, I don't bore people with too many.  And, recently, a book review! Maybe today's blog entry is just some self reflection and a bit of a pep talk directed at myself.  

Well - a personal update - two rooms thoroughly cleaned yesterday.  By thoroughly, I mean stuff put away, furniture moved and vacuumed under & around, furniture dusted, etc.  FYI, we have two dogs and two cats -- that fact gives us a wealth of stuff to vacuum up and dust away.  Took the better part of Sunday to get done; when you add in the laundry.  

Many have asked about my parents -- I called last night.  All is going pretty smoothly. They are giving staff there a run for their money.  Oh well, we're all different, right?  

Teaching this morning - Level 1 at Kula, 9:15 am.  

Enjoy your Monday,

1 comment:

Nan said...

I'm glad you blog! I'm a yoga teacher and have been studying with a wonderful Anusara instructor for a little over a year. I am considering working towards becoming Anusara Inspired and I find your blog super helpful. Thanks for the content!