Monday, March 29, 2010

MORE ON REMEMBRANCE . . .

Ever have times when something just keeps hitting you in the face, the arm, the head; it just keeps coming back to your memory bank or to your fingers on the keyboard, or whatever?  Well, that is the way I'm feeling about the word, 'remember'.

In my e-mail this morning was a response from BJ Galvan (BJ will be at my studio in June to do a 'playshop' - her word for workshop).  The quote at the end of her message was:

"Life is not what you see, but what you've projected. It's not what you've felt, but what you've decided. It's not what you've experienced, but how you've remembered it. It's not what you've forged, but what you've allowed. And it's not who's appeared, but who you've summoned.
And this should serve you well, beloved, until you find, what you already have." - The Universe


We are looking for a theme for the workshop -- how about 'remembrance'?  It just is always there -- in my teaching, in my life, and now -- in my e-mail.

Interesting what we remember in our lives.  I usually remember the good things -- there are a lot, though in 60+ years there have to be a ton more good things than I'm remembering at this moment.  I always seem to remember the 'slights', the wrongs done to me, the grudges held.  I remember painful moments, though I think those are like the good things - because there have to be a bunch more than I'm remembering right now.  Interesting that painful moments that result in good things (like childbirth) are forgotten.

When I reflect on my experience with Yoga and - in particular - Anusara® yoga, I retain many memories (though not always the names of people associated with those memories - bummer!).  I remember tiny details, like how to straighten my hands in down dog without lifting my fingers or how to widen my front leg in pidgeon without torquing my knee -- nerdy things, you might say.

I've allowed this practice to slowly seep into my life, to embrace and support me, and to nourish me.  Maybe that's why I remember so much about it.

I remember what's important to me, or maybe it's what I've decided to remember; maybe that's the key.

Have a mahh-ve-lous Monday,

1 comment:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

Love what you are offering. I am intrigued about one of the "nerdy" things you remembered..."how to straighten my hands in down dog without lifting my fingers" Would love you to elaborate.