Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WEDNESDAY (& A CORRECTION)

As I logged into the blog, I took a moment to re-read yesterday's entry.  I mistakenly omitted two very valuable words from that entry.  The phrase (approx. 5 hours each day), which referred to San Francisco with John, should have read (approx. 5 hours of asana each day).   More than I've experienced at recent week-long trainings with him.  And, as I've heard repeatedly from others who attended, we got to experience long holds in many of those poses.  In other words, they were not the easiest asana practices.

Correction made, on to new news.

Wednesday is my Gentle Yoga day -- an opportunity to connect with a great group of students who always make me laugh and who give me my share of gentle teasing.  So, I need to get this written so I can plan the class.

Then, on to the Jail.  I received word from my teaching partner there that last week's group was 'rowdy'.  Not what I wanted to hear.  I truly dislike having to be a disciplinarian in yoga class.  There's a difference between asking/telling people what pose to take, and how to do it with proper alignment; and having to put on my 'stern mother' voice.  The voice that says 'remember, you're in yoga right now'.  And, I find, it only takes one to trigger the remainder into behavior unbefitting a yoga class.  Wish me luck.

Wayne's class yesterday was great -- he taught a great class and I pushed up to urdhva dhanurasana 3 times in a row (just like last Tuesday).  Unfortunately, that pose eluded me over the weekend with Christina.  Not sure why -- except that, since pushing up consistently is new to me, perhaps the cumulative numbers of hours practicing over the past weeks just caught up with me.  Whatever.  I was glad to do it yesterday; restored my faith in myself.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,

No comments: