Wednesday, April 21, 2010

IT'S DONE - ALMOST . . .

The questions are answered and they're proofed (I hope enough).  The Appendices - 4 of 5 are done, and also proofed.  The 5th?  Well, that's the one that has been my bedtime project.  I do see the edge of the forest -- the light is getting brighter - hope to reach the edge tonight.

Insights to share?  I went to class yesterday morning (Sheldon was subbing - great job, by the way), and the reaction was "you're here?  shouldn't you be home working on the test?"  That kind of reaction almost makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  Key word in that previous sentence is 'almost'.  But, upon coming home and looking over what I've accomplished, I'm satisfied.

As much as I've dedicated time to my exam, I've also had time to spend with my husband, time to ride my bike, time to go to a yoga class, time to play with my new hula hoop, time to practice, besides the daily tasks of teaching one or more classes almost every day, doing some (though not a lot) of studio business, household chores, and errands.  The discipline I've managed to keep in this task has actually given me more freedom!  Something philosophical about that, right?  And a theme!!!

The best part -- I've enjoyed the process.  It doesn't seem arduous, or problematic, or too time-consuming.  It is, as Christina commented in an earlier post, a good reminder of all that I've learned, of all the time I've invested in this process, of all the fun I've had while studying and practicing over the years.  That's good.

Today's schedule:  Teach Gentle Yoga at 10 am at The Yoga Center; then to the Jail to teach; then subbing Wayne's class at The Front this evening.

Spring showers today in SLC (maybe snow in the mountains).

Have a wonderful Wednesday,

No comments: