Tuesday, April 20, 2010

STILL WORKING

Yesterday felt kind of scattered when it came to the exam.  I worked on it throughout the day; between teaching, between errands and meals, even found time for a short nap (I love naps!).  Scattered, yet productive.  I've finished all the questions!!!  But, still have two appendices to finish and one to write (there are 5 in all, 2 are done).  So, I'm not done.

What I am is moving along at a pace that will give me time to review, refine and - perhaps - revise.  A good place to be.  I feel good.  Like, I set a plan, I stuck with it, and I am not going to be met with last minute panic.  A very good place, indeed.

I taught two classes yesterday - the first, a Level 1, is growing finally.  Here in SLC, it is a different yoga climate from other places.  Until people get to know you, classes may just chug along in their own small way.  Then, bam, they grow.  Not sure why that is.  And, I do know of a couple teachers here who have not experienced that -- teachers who have had big classes right out of the box.  Not sure why that is, either. It's just the way it is.  I do think there is a lot to be said for word of mouth in this community, and being in the right place at the right time with skill.

So the Level 1 was fun -- good students with great focus and listening skills.  Those skills make up for the difference in yoga experience, at times, I noticed.  As I think back on the group, I had some newer to the practice and some very experienced.  They all did just what I asked, to the best of their abilities.  I think that has a lot to do with focus and listening.

Then I had several hours, so worked on the test, napped (my favorite thing right now), errands, etc.  I subbed for Wayne at The Front (a climbing club) at 6.  Nice group of very fit climbers.  And, very good yogis.  If I could change one thing, it would have been the level of competitiveness in the room.  That won't happen with a sub in one class, so I let that one go.  (For example, if wide is good, then I'll go wider.)  It was fun, tho.  And, I think I expanded their experience in handstand a bit.  Who me?

Today, more of the same.  Tho, I am going to Wayne's class this morning (Sheldon is teaching as his sub), then a space of time for test, whatever, then teach at 4, YogaHour at The Yoga Center -- come join the fun if you're in SLC.

Got a hula hoop yesterday -- as a child of the sixties, I was around when these fun circles were new on the scene.  I discovered yesterday that I haven't forgotten - not real good at it, but the memory is still there.

Have a terrific Tuesday,

No comments: