Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RESTED & READY

The written test is completed and in to Anusara® offices (plus, the check - which I had forgotten to send; duh!).  I've had a long weekend to recuperate.  Now, the next phase begins.

What's the next phase?  Well, it's the 'dreaded' video.  I say 'dreaded' because everyone kind of gets that glazed grimace on their face whenever they mention this phase of the Certification process.

What can I say?  Bring the camera into the room consistently so students get used to it - whether it's on or not. Develop a class plan, turn the camera on and go. What more can there be to consider?

Over the months (year?) that I have worked with Sundari as my mentor, I've become comfortable.  Comfortable with her in my class when she visits SLC, comfortable with her looking at videos, comfortable with receiving feedback.  I think that comfort comes from knowing that she 'knows' me.  She's been a friend longer than a mentor.  The comfort also comes from the support she has shown throughout our friendship and into the mentoring phase.

This video, tho, will not only be viewed by Sundari; but, once approved by her (and me in a self-evaluation), will go to the Certification Committee to be viewed and evaluated by a person or persons I may not know, who probably won't know or remember me, and with whom I don't have that same comfort level. That part makes me nervous.

Oh, well, I was nervous about the test.  That process went o.k.; I survived and I believe I did fine.  This may turn out to be the same.

And, as I understand it, whoever is assigned to me as a Certification mentor by the Committee, will have one, two or three opportunities to look at videos, share comments and suggestions, and - through that process - get to know me.

First, tho, I'll be spending a week sorting, throwing, selling, and sharing many of the items left behind when my parents moved out of their home.  Then, the house goes on the market.  This transition has been anything but easy.  My Dad, still recovering from the stroke, remains in skilled nursing after a brief 'trial' in assisted living.  My Mother, appears to have given in to the depression and anxiety that have haunted her since my brother's death.  If a plan could go wrong, this one has imploded.  No one's very happy.  Enough.  Well - another comment - it all reinforces my hope to leave my son and daughter with a plan.

Back to the video - if you come to my classes, please be prepared for a camera in the room. Please do not stay way because of a camera in the room.  

I'll be teaching YogaHour today at 4 p.m. at The Yoga Center.

Have a great day,

No comments: