Wednesday, April 28, 2010

THINKING OF SCOTT

Earlier this weekend, via Facebook, many of us learned that Scott Marmorstein had suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized.  Initial reports were that, while serious and requiring surgery, the outlook for recovery was optimistic.  Last night that changed.  I do not know his condition this morning; just that he had had a third surgery last night and the hospital staff was doing all they could to save him.  Scott is in his late 30's, I believe.

I know very little of Scott Marmorstein.  One of the memorable facts I do know is that when he was 9 years old, he and his parents lived in the same ashram as John Friend.  I believe his father was a chiropractor for people needing care, including Gurumayai; and his mother, a spiritual healer.  Scott, at that time, was in charge of walking Gurumayai's dogs.  It's a cute story and one relayed many times by John as he introduced Scott to us at workshops and trainings.

In fact, I get the impression that Scott and John had little or no contact after the ashram, until about 4-5 years ago, when Scott - now a spiritual healer himself - joined the troupe traveling with John and began to help many of us through consultations.

During one training, I scheduled an appointment with Scott.  I know little of spiritual healing, and so - when I walked into the room - there was an awkward moment where Scott asked me what I needed help with and I kind of shrugged my shoulders (that's a bit embarrassing). I was curious to find out which of my chakras might not be functioning to full capacity. Scott began his work, never touching me but floating his hands above me at the chakra locations.  He also used a crystal(?) hanging from a string, that circled above each of the chakra locations.  If one was out of 'whack', it circled in the wrong direction.  That happened with my throat chakra. He began to work - still never touching me; pulling the negative energy out. When he finished, the crystal circled in the correct direction. I saw it - and from what I know of the throat chakra and it's ramifications in our lives, I believe his diagnosis.

Before I left, he asked if there was anything else he could do for me. Not knowing exactly 'what' he could do, he then offered to put a 'shield' on something of value to me. A protection, of sorts, from words, actions, etc., of negative people or events. I wear a turquoise ring, a gift from my husband, 95% of the time. Scott made that ring my 'protector'.

I wish I could share that 'protection' with him now. That was my main contact with Scott; a nice young man who - I doubt - ever wished anyone harm. I pray for his recovery.

Have a nice day,

1 comment:

Ginger Coy said...

Hi Leslie,
Scott is only 30 years old! Like usual, I continue to enjoy your blog.

Best,
Ginger