Sunday, May 23, 2010

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY . . .

When I look at my life lately, at times I think - ' this is too hectic; I ought to re-structure things so that it's calmer, not so much running around '.

After spending a couple days with my son and his family, my life is nothing in the way of 'running around' compared to theirs.  Maybe it's that they're younger; I'm active, but no way as active as they are.  Maybe I was just like them in my earlier years.

Take yesterday.  I was up early, enjoying coffee and beginning to write on the blog (notice I didn't get anything posted yesterday).  It wasn't very long before I was joined by 4 happy faces; 3 excited to go for coffee and 'coffee cake'.  Right now.  So, quickly changed clothes, loaded kids in the car and Derek (my son) and I took the two boys for 'coffee cake' (them) and coffee (us).  That was fun - back home; to get ready and go to an area park for an early picnic and to ride on a small train (trains are still of interest to Jack, but he's not quite so obsessed with them). Home in time for Brady's afternoon nap; a quick shower and hop in the car for a drive northeast to look at a community of interest. That was a bust - drove about 20 minutes only to run into a significant amount of traffic. Back to CostCo to pick up dinner fixings for today, then back home to gather everyone to go to swimming lessons. Fun to watch the boys swim for a little bit. Then shower them off, load them up, and it's off to a friend's birthday party. Home by 8:30 and feeling like it's midnight.  Wonder why?  Whew!  Just one of those activities, maybe two, would have made my day complete.

Not complaining - it's fun to be here and relaxing in the sense that I'm not thinking about the studio, my own housework/laundry, etc.  And, it does show me a bit of how other people live. There's not a lot of downtime in this household. Wait til there are 3 boys running around! Playing soccer, music lessons maybe, whatever other teams they choose to play on (I'm sure, based on my son's activities, at least one of them will be active in sports.), school activities, birthday parties, other celebrations. But, it's apparent that this will continue to be a busy house for many years.

Home tomorrow. Howard's there, cleaning (go, go, go!).

Hope you have a good Sunday,

No comments: