Thursday, June 24, 2010

HEADED BACK . . .

Yup, back to my SLC reality this afternoon. I believe (I haven't heard otherwise) that all my subs were in their designated spots, and that classes went off as planned. I did hear, however, that the swamp cooler is not working at its prime cooling level (not what you want to hear if you own an upstairs studio in a warm climate). Initial reports were that the pump may have died - a simple issue to repair, but getting someone there while I'm out of town is a logistical issue. I hope that the repairperson was able to get in during one of the classes yesterday and take care of the problem.

I suppose I'll hear more later on that issue.

On this visit I accomplished a few things - and developed a plan, of sorts. This planning depends on the sale of assets, so that must happen first. In the meantime, I need to cut care costs wherever possible -- meaning I may have to move my Mother again. This is something you do not need to hear about, but just sharing.

Contrary to my good common sense, I attended another cardio class last night. I certainly am lacking in the 'move with the beat' skills. But, I kept myself safe, got my heart rate elevated for a significant period of time, and sweat a bit. All good things.

The photoshoot results are in. One thing for sure -- Leslie is now officially on a campaign to drop some weight (aka 'diet'). Photos do not lie, and - while they were good photos - they show me at less-than-desirable weight level. I will use the face shots, the studio shots, and a few where things are a bit obscured. Certainly would not fit the category of 'yoga model'. Live and learn - still.

Hope you have a good Thursday,