Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF . . .

As I typed the title, I wondered why -- my 'work' weeks do not look at all like they did 17 years ago. No more do I have weekends totally free; Friday signaling the end of work, the beginning of play. Yet, old habits die hard. I celebrate Fridays even tho the old meaning is different today.

Take this Friday, for example.  I will teach this morning - Gentle Yoga (hopefully, the swampcooler guy will arrive in a timely fashion, be able to quickly fix the issue with the cooler, and be gone by 10). Then, it's a relatively free afternoon (from teaching). There is a lot of paperwork and a newsletter to be done, so I may just stick around for a while and take care of those things.

Saturday, I teach at 9 am; then, hope to drive up to Snowbird (local ski resort with a great hotel/spa), for a practice with Matt & Jen. Always good for me to practice with friends; takes me a little further into the poses than I might push myself if I am alone.

Sunday, I offered to sub for Sheldon at Kula at 10:15.

So, no weekend away from yoga. Fortunately, yoga has become a cornerstone of my life and the fact that there is no weekend is not a negative.

Going through my notes looking for a 'pebble' of knowledge to share. I came across notes from a workshop with Desiree Rumbaugh. These quotes, while a couple years old, are still applicable and still worthy of contemplation. The one starred is the one I use most - so true, I think. Contemplate and decide which one (or more) works best for you:

  1. "Anusara Yoga equalizes a room."
  2. "This practice of yoga keeps us growing."
  3. "You must be strong to become flexible."
  4. "People who do yoga sometimes stay weak - they back away from the work."
  5. "The reason we do yoga is to feel better."
  6. "The chant is a blessing to make this different."
  7. "It's only a dance -- as yogis, we don't care so much, but we care deeply."
  8. "Most people who quit yoga, do so because they discover it is work." ***
Enjoy your Friday,

No comments: