Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh?

I post this blog on Facebook whenever I have written something that others might find useful or of interest. Otherwise, I may write in it and just let those who routinely visit the blog find it as part of their regular reading routine.

Yesterday's post, I put on Facebook (tho, I'm not sure why). The response from a friend:  "Oh?"

I have wondered, for 20 hours, what that meant.  Could it be:
  • Oh? You're contemplating change?
  • Oh? You're going to plan?
  • Oh? Why plan, you aren't that old.
  • Oh? John said that?
Maybe I should ask that friend what the meaning was. Maybe she'll read this post and tell me. Maybe I should just stop fretting about it. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

So, my day yesterday was somewhat uneventful -- met with the realtor and went over details of making the house look more fit to sell, visited an assisted living facility (we may be looking at a move in order to shave some expenses). On today's schedule:  some yoga with Karen, an appointment with an eldercare attorney to discuss financial planning to maximize resources, squeeze in a visit with parents.

I am anxious for the yoga (especially after the cardio class last night - my cardio was o.k., but my ability to move 'with the beat' was woefully lacking and causes me to remember my humility). As to yoga, right now I plan to attend 2 classes; the first, a class for seniors (looking for new material for my teaching toolbox); the second, an all-levels class with Karen.  Both are at GreenStreet Yoga in Coeur d'Alene.

Back to the cardio class. It was fun, there were 12-14 women participating, and I did sweat. However, the yoga teacher in me (especially the alignment knowledge of that teacher) wanted to come screaming out -- as in 'don't go so deep in those tricep dips that you stress the front of your shoulder -- stay in control of the movement'. There were several moments like that. Moments that I made decisions about what to do for my own body's health; and worried a bit about the others. I stayed in control, tho, didn't blurt anything out; remembered to honor the teacher (the cardio teacher), by listening, doing what she said (almost), and smiling whenever possible.

So interesting to do something so very different than what we've become accustomed to.

I understand the sun is shining in Salt Lake; here, cool and foggy -- supposed to burn off and be a nice day. That would certainly elevate my mood.

Hope you have a nice Tuesday,

No comments: