Sunday, June 27, 2010

ON SATURDAY . . .

Well, you already know about my early morning yesterday -- computer and blog time.  I notice a couple people have become 'fans' or 'friends' on Facebook of "The Art of Attention". Not sure if it was my blog or just their own curiosity; no matter, just interesting how the energy moves.

I finished with the computer, after deciding that a class plan with 'current impossibilities' would be a good thing - a theme about acceptance, gratitude, and growth. I think acceptance and gratitude are great; but, if I leave off 'growth' - not so good. If I only accept and am grateful, then I kind of close the door to growth. Kind of like my bakasana - pretty good at it now. I could accept that and be grateful. Continue doing it for the rest of my time on the mat. Forget that there is more to be done and explored in the pose - variations that I've approached, but not conquered. Not easy things; things I might want to think I'm not able to do. That is a place I don't want to be; there's still space for growth in that bakasana.

Quickly got ready and made my way to The Yoga Center. Swamp cooler did get fixed, so not too warm in there. Checked out the room, did some paperwork as I waited for students to arrive.  Filming the class, so hoping for a decent turnout.

Enough to film - camera on.

My sequence unraveled a bit, as questions developed during a foray into vascisthasana. Several in the room were having difficulties - heat, wrists, arms. Easy to solve the heat issue - turned the fan on. The wrists and arms led into a discussion of hand placement, hand strength, and the movement of prana through the supporting arm.  It will be interesting to see how this class looks on film.

Class over, home for lunch. Then, up to Snowbird for a practice with Jen & Matt. Great fun to do 3 hours of yoga with people I know and some I don't. Laugh a bit, sweat a bit, discover I can get a bit further into some poses than I could a month ago.

On today's schedule?  Subbing for Sheldon at 10:15 at Kula.

Hope you have a nice Sunday,

No comments: