Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TEACHING & PRACTICING

I missed yesterday due to computer issues -- thinking it's my internet connection, but I did devote valuable computer time to updating software yesterday. Time that could have been used writing a blog entry, but wasn't. Oh, well.

Subbed for Sheldon on Sunday. I'm always a bit nervous when teaching for someone who is more vigorous in their teaching style; so this is good for me -- kickin' it up a notch. Turns out that no one who regularly attends his class attended on this morning. No set expectations - a good thing. Multiple levels in the room - a challenging thing. On the one end, very skilled; on the other, returning from injury so a bit tentative; inbetween, solid practices.  In these circumstances, I return to 'default' mode. I taught a sequence leading to the variations of vascistasana; easy to modify, easy to take to advanced variations. So - my thought process is that I can have everyone in the room in some form of celebration (or, organic extension). Make sense?

Monday, taught the Level 1 at Kula. Kula will 'cease to operate' on June 30, so this was my last class. I wonder where my few regular students will go? Feel bad, since I didn't really have a chance to tell some of them or to say 'see you later' - somewhere.

Noon brought a 3-hour practice with Adam and some of the group from Kula. Interesting that mid-week, and mid-day (12-3) brought so many people out. It was fun and certainly 'hip-opening'.  Even a foray towards scorpion using the walls for most.

Got workshop approval notice for John in Park City in August -- thought that might not happen, since I applied late. More exciting than that? To have a student tell me that he had taken my advice, had applied and was accepted. So nice to watch the people who have been in your classes step up. So now, waiting for Immersion note, as I guess many are - supposed to come June 30 (tomorrow!).

After my last Park City workshop, I wonder if he (JF) will expect me to do all 8 sessions (or, will he remember)? One thing about John - if it's worth remembering, he will. He might call me 'Linda' instead of 'Leslie', but he does remember the things I do (or can't do). I'll forgive him the name part, since I suffer the same malady; it's also a bit funny after all these years. Always 'Linda' - every time, at least once.

Just re-read this post -- sounds a bit clipped; as though I were typing bullet points about my life. Busy day -- taking one car in for service, on to Wayne's class, then to airport, then to teach YogaHour.

Hope your Tuesday is a good one,

No comments: