Sunday, July 4, 2010

CHALLENGES ...

Yesterday morning, I followed through with the 'challenge' theme. Challenges for those in class -- working through some balance series.

My challenges in class?

  1. The camera - always a challenge; hope it filmed, hope it got the whole class (a bit worried that the camera is getting full from all this filming - will take care of that 'worry' this weekend). 
  2. Multiple levels of yoga experience in class - newer, experienced, more advanced - the challenge? give everyone a good experience.
  3. Different attitudes in class - the challenge? don't be too silly, don't be too serious (me, not them).
  4. Cultivate the theme throughout the class - always a challenge, but I find myself moving back to it more often than not; almost surprising myself when it happens.
  5. A teacher in the room
Yup, a teacher in the room - Cindy, who is actually teaching more Pilates now but has trained with Sianna Sherman. I've been working closely with Cindy for over a year as she accomplished her Pilates teacher certification. What does that mean when she shows in class? That I was a bit nervous; but, not so much as I thought would happen.  

What is it about peers in the room that cause nervousness? More so, even, than someone who is there to evaluate my teaching (i.e. Sundari)?

The class went fine. I didn't stick exactly to the sequence I had planned, but that seems to be the way. 

Working to get something off that darn video camera this weekend to send to Sundari.  That will be my challenge for the next day or two.

Hope your 4th is safe and happy, 

No comments: