Monday, July 5, 2010

'HOLDING DOWN THE FORT'

Last night, I spent a few minutes scanning Facebook entries -- catching up on peoples' 4th of July plans/celebrations etc.  Came across one from an Anusara-Inspired™ (working towards Certification) teacher from California in which she commented on her passion for Paris.

At first I thought she might be there on vacation. Then, I remembered, JF is in Paris; part of the European tour - before returning in early August to prepare for the rigors of Utah. So, of course, at least I believe, that is why she is in Paris - working and following John on this tour. What fun! What an adventure!  

Somedays, I dream I were in her shoes. Traveling to exotic places, being in good yoga company. Yet, each time I travel to that thought process, there's this other side of me that says 'you are where you are meant to be'. I am first a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a yoga teacher and yoga studio owner, and householder (and, at times, still a child with parents to care for). Lots of people to contemplate and think about, before I jet off to exotic places to do yoga and study.

Fortunately, Utah is on John's schedule each year (fingers crossed), and I can enjoy his teaching when he visits. And, my life allows me to squeeze in a trip or two to study with him (or someone) in some other U.S. location to supplement that experience.

On the one hand, I'm a bit envious; on the other, I reflect on my family, my life and my students, I see the importance for some of us to 'hold down the fort'. To be the example of the teaching he is sharing with the world. I am proud and happy to do that.

Enjoy the remainder of your holiday weekend,

No comments: