Saturday, July 10, 2010

MISSED MY NOTES . . .

I missed my notes day, so Saturday will have to do. I'm enjoying grandsons this weekend, plus a little yoga, so priorities shift a bit.

It was a busy week for me.  Of note:

1.  I made the list of "Anusara®'s Seasoned Bloggers" (or however they phrased it). No matter.  It's nice to be mentioned and be part of the group. We all like to belong, to be acknowledged. I'm no different; so I am flattered to be included.

2.  I signed up for two things this week -- this internet is dangerous (or beneficial), at times.  First, I signed up for one of The Handel Group's on-line seminars, courtesy of Elena Brower. My choice was time management -- would have liked to participate in the 'perfect body' one, but timing didn't fit. Perhaps if the time management one is beneficial, I'll pay for one and continue with the process.

The second thing I enrolled in is the NamasteLight e-mail marketing.  Think a phone call is in order, since I don't exactly understand the process.

3.  In my class last Saturday, I used organic extension as the primary UPA to focus on. What I hoped to transmit to students is that organic extension is not just an upward movement. I often will tell people about the UPA's and when I get to organic extension, I lift my arms -- a bit misleading, because it appears that the extension moves just up.  Not so. Imagine vrksasana - standing on one leg, with the other leg bent and foot pressing into opposite thigh. Muscle energy at work creating a stable and strong foundation. Inner/expanding spiral, then outer/contracting spiral of the legs to further stabilize the pose. Now apply organic extension - do I just lift my arms and reach to the heavens? No, the energy goes down as well as up (from the focal point); rooting me into the source of energy (organic extension).  With poses like Ardha Chandrasana - organic extension roots me into the earth and moves out in all directions whether the hand or foot is supporting me on the floor or extending up or behind our torso.

I find thinking about organic extension in this way makes my poses much stronger.

As I re-read this, I notice I left out 'Open to Grace' -- always present in each pose; offering equanimity and recognizing the source of our strength and our stability.

4.  It's darn hard to write with grandsons running around.  Forgive me for keeping this short.

Hope you have a great Saturday,

No comments: