Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I DIDN'T FORGET ...

I didn't forget how to teach!  After 2+ weeks away, I worried a bit about that.

My first class of the day (and my last on Tuesday mornings, since Wayne is taking it over next week), turned into a private -- the perils of traveling too much.  It was fun, tho, and the student has been loyally coming to class for 8+ weeks. He's full of enthusiasm for the practice, he's seeing results in his body, and here's an interesting comment from him, paraphrased: 'At first, I thought "oh, no, more work". But, I looked forward to savasana - that few minutes of peace at the end of the practice. As I continue, the work is getting easier; I still enjoy savasana and try to find moments in my day to re-create the experience.'

He always participates so diligently, I didn't have a clue that his reactions (at first) were that it was hard work.  I do warn new students, that (according to Desiree) most people quit yoga when they realize there's work involved. I love that he has found ease within his poses - that was a big moment for me, I remember. Moving into a pose like Trichonasana and being able to take 1, 2, or more peaceful breaths was BIG for me; so big, I still remember it and teach from it.

I met with a nice woman in the afternoon -- she and her husband will begin semi-privates with me next week.  They're about my age, and not quite ready to jump into a class. I felt very complimented that their faith in me is so strong, she signed up for 5 classes on the spot -- never having met me, just read about me and word of mouth.

Then Yoga Hour turned into a fun class (which it always seems to be, just fun in a different way each time I teach it). From age 7(?) to age 60(?) -- they were all in the room.  So focused, so enjoying being in a yoga class.

So, that was my day.  Rushed home to meet with a painter, who then called & changed our appointment to this afternoon.  Equanimity and flexibility, Leslie.

Today's schedule:
10 am      Gentle Yoga
Noon       Meet with the elusive painter
5:30 pm   Yoga with Tiffany sounds wonderful
Inbetween     Laundry, laundry, laundry

Hope your day is a good one,

No comments: