Saturday, November 6, 2010

UP EARLY

For what?  Well, I teach an early Saturday private, before my 9 am level 1 class. So, I need to prepare the house and myself for leaving and for teaching both of these classes.

In getting ready for the Level 1 class, I felt a bit un-creative so last night I went back through old class plans (the ones I've created and taught in 2010).  What did I find?  Nothing generic.  Every theme/story had to do with a specific event and - while I could probably tailor one to fit today's 'stuff'; I'm not even feeling creative enough for that right now.  Give me another cup of coffee.  

So, this morning, I'll stick with the 'mudhya' - the middle. It has served me well this week in my teaching. And, I feel more inspired the longer I write in this post -- amazing!

It seems many of us are planning our educational schedule for 2011. I am; maybe you are, too. I'm looking at JF's schedule, the schedules of other teachers that I want to study with, and am planning to do more philosophy study.  I'm also thinking about an emphasis this year.  I need more philosophy -- as in, someone to 'spell it all out' for me. Oh, it's getting clearer, but it's by no means what I believe it ought to be (my philosophy knowledge, that is).  Ask me a technical question - 'why does inner spiral always precede outer spiral' or 'what goes wrong in trichonasana' - and I'm probably going to be able to answer (or muddle my way through). I worry that, someday, I'll be asked a philosophy question and then what?  stutter, stammer, red-face, -- you get the picture.

So, more philosophy in 2011. Not so much fun as a big workshop or Wanderlust or Estes Park; but necessary.  Refinement and discernment -- that's what's happening as I move down the path. I will, however, allow myself one 'fun' event or workshop during the year.

Update on the latest video?  Sundari has watched half of it. Her comments are positive so far. Waiting for the full report, which ought to happen next week.  In the meantime, I'll be video'ing this morning -- don't want to miss any opportunities(!?!?!)

Happenings today?

  • 7:30 am Private Session
  • 9:00 am Level 1 Class at The Yoga Center
  • Do a bit of 'retail therapy'
  • Clean up some of the yard - The freeze wilted a lot of stuff -- time to make space for next year  (There's a theme here, I feel it!)
Hope you have a nice Saturday,

No comments: