Thursday, December 9, 2010

PLANNING

Well, it will happen -- my workshop. I'd secretly hoped for some kind of intervention that would cause or necessitate it's cancellation; didn't happen. Why would I wish this? It's my first workshop. My first time dipping my toe into the pool, and I'm a bit nervous.

Those of you who have done workshops might understand. If you don't teach, understand that nerves are always present -- what will I teach? who will attend? will more than a few attend? will I be able to fill 3 hours with information? and on and on like that.
I made an effort to assure there were no conflicting events; I know that some did similarly; -delete-, -delete-, -delete-. Could write more, won't. Won't go there.
Enough.
It's Thursday and I have an appointment with Molly from the Handel Group tomorrow afternoon. Molly is a 'life coach'. Life coaches are new to me. So, one of my first discussion points might be -- tell me what you do, how you work. Then, we'll see where it goes. I'm excited - that's both good and not-so-good; because, sometimes my expectations are bigger than the results. Also, I'm sure this will involve much questioning - not of her, but of me (myself asking me questions like 'what do I want?'). I've never been very good at this kind of stuff, so we'll see. And, Molly may just be my 'introductory' contact for all this; there may be someone she refers me to, once she has a chance to untangle my needs/desires.
So, back to the nerves part. I struggled with nerves all my life -- most often when trying to speak in front of a group. One signal to me that I had found my place in teaching yoga - the nervousness was gone. I could stand in front of a group of 8, 15, 150 even, people and talk/teach yoga with none of the breathlessness that had plagued me in my earlier life. I may be nervous before a class, but that nervousness passes once the first 'om' is uttered. Amazing!
Still working on my new website -- so much fun to do this just for me! I found a few more pics of myself, but still need more (another photo shoot?). We'll see. I think I can publish without the added pics, then add them later as I accumulate more.
The news of the studio sale has hit Facebook - so much fun to watch. And, I am truly excited to watch the transformation of the studio happen.
Today's plans?
  • Send a few personal invites to the workshop (it's payback time for a few)
  • Pilates at 1 pm
  • Semi-Private with the "stiffer-than-most" or "less-flexible-than-many" couple at 2:30 pm
  • YogaHour at 4 pm; I'm teaching.
Enjoy your Thursday,

No comments: