Tuesday, December 21, 2010

STUDIO SOLD - CHECK; PERSONAL WEBSITE CREATED - CHECK !!!

Sale of the studio is already old news; my new, personal website is NEW and exciting news! Check it out at www.skillfulyoga.com.

On my way to whatever lies ahead. What does lie ahead?
I finalized a teaching schedule with the new owners of The Yoga Center. After Jan 1, it will be as follows:
10:30 am, Wednesdays Gentle Yoga
4:00 pm, Thursdays Level 1-2 (a 75-90 minute class)
10:30 am, Fridays Gentle Yoga
I know that several of my readers are also students of the Gentle Yoga class -- this change is minor; just means you have a bit more time to get to class. We'll end between 11:50 and noon, so - plenty of time to get to those lunch engagements or other plans. Remember, too, that it is not effective until 2011.
Now, what will I do with the rest of my time? I hope to do some volunteer teaching, and am working to set that up now. And, my physician - who is part of a large group here in SLC - is re-kindling interest in offering yoga as part of their office education for patients. Wow! That's big and exciting for me; the result of a proposal I presented to them several months ago.
And, as for Certification -- well, it still looms out there. Still working on that video; tho - with the schedule change - I am thinking 'staged' or invitation classes will be the way to go for future videos. But - remember the Gentle classes are o.k. for a video, so long as we use Anusara® principles, theming, etc., and tell the video reviewers what they are looking at. I may just have to be the groundbreaker for this type of video submission (unless one of you beats me to it).
I'm kind of all over the map this morning - thinking of what I need to do, get done, etc., before Christmas. Still have a few gifts to buy (not many). Need to finish the flier for The Bliss Brothers (who are coming to The Yoga Center in May 2011). Create and print some new business cards (logo?). If I put my mind to it, this could turn into a long list.
Right now, tho, I need to think through HOW I am going to get down my hill, the hill that is covered in snow, in a 2wd vehicle. Dicey, at best. Guess I just need to remember that the 2wd drive has the same stopping capabilities as the 4wd. Something about having that 4wd under me, tho, makes it seem different. Today, no choice -- got to take the 2wd down; slippin' and a slidin' we go. Take a breath; put on the brakes, just not too much; let off brakes when appropriate -- just like yoga (I've even used this as a theme once or three times).
Today's plan:
  • Subbing for Wayne at 9:30 at The Yoga Center (interim space, 2101 Murray Holladay Rd.)
  • Noon - Pilates with Cindy
  • 2pm take the 2wd drive in for service, get emission/safety certificate somewhere
  • 4:30pm phone appointment
Hope your day is a good one (if you're in SLC - or some other snowy/icy part of the country - drive safely),

No comments: