Saturday, December 11, 2010

WHAT CAN GO WRONG?

Many things -- but, I choose to NOT think about them this morning. Just acknowledge them and move forward.

What am I talking about? The workshop, of course. I spent time last night journalling and planning a course, an agenda -- need to print it, review it, massage it. Then, of course, the universe may change it with whoever it sends into the space this afternoon. We'll see and I will be grateful for everyone who chooses to attend.
Yesterday was a nice day -- taught Gentle Yoga in the a.m. Many times, I have written that my Gentle Yoga classes are based on the definition of 'gentle: gradually increasing, as in "gentle slope". And, yesterday - with a smaller group - we were able to take a journey into otherwise untrodden territory (specifically, bakasana - crane/crow pose).
During this 'trip', I closely watched those in attendance -- First, how did they handle malasana? Just fine. Second, were they able to hug legs to midline, elbows resisting? Ditto, on the fine. Third, could they place hands on mat as in down dog, keeping knees in contact with upper arms? Yup. That's all the farther I planned to take this group, but they were doing so well, I asked for more -- look forward, lean forward, move feet away from floor. Two lift-offs in the room! One, a new-to-me student, had never lifted off before. Love it when that happens in one of my classes!
And, one of the best parts? No one, not a person, said "I can't do that". Oh, their eyes were a bit bugged out as we moved towards the pose, but they did all I asked without complaint and appeared happy for it. Good stuff!
In the afternoon, I had my first real contact with Molly at The Handel Group. I did this after reading Bernie Birney's blog posts, and a memory of Elena Brower's work with them. I have a plan to begin working with them, specifically one of their coaches based on the west coast (Laguna Beach, no less). Starting small -- this is kind of scary; might find out stuff I really don't want to know (or acknowledge) about myself. But it may prove to be a very valuable investment. Based on what I've been reading of other peoples' experiences, keep fingers crossed.
Today?
  • 7:30 Private
  • 9:00 Level 1 at The Yoga Center
  • 1:00 pm - Workshop Time !!!
Enjoy Saturday,

No comments: