Monday, February 14, 2011

SUBBING

This morning, I have been invited to sub for Bridget at YogaTejas - a great yoga studio in Driggs, Idaho. This, some of you know, is the studio formerly owned by Sundari, and now owned by Cate Stillman and Bridget Lyons, both Certified Anusara Instructors. Because we (husband and I) own a small house in this town, I frequent the studio whenever possible.

Great teaching and great kula in this little town, where there is still just one stoplight, no movie theatre, everything (almost) closes on Sunday. Major winter recreational activities: Skiing. Grand Targhee is just up Ski Hill Road 11 miles and Jackson Hole, about a 45 minute drive.
So, what do I teach to a group (level 1), who I don't really know -- oh, I've seen them in class -- but injuries? skill level? and, will the same students attend Monday as on Saturday? When I'm in class as a student, I don't look around to see who is able to do what. I did attend Saturday's class, taught by Deb Payne. It was a good one, and wouldn't you know that energy thing was around, and she taught many of the poses I thought would be good possibilities for this unknown-to-me group. Oh well, looking for the good here, this causes me to expand a bit. I have a feeling it will be a good idea to just keep it simple.
In preparation, I have a theme, I have a plan -- I'll post tomorrow on how it goes.
Immediately after the class, we'll hit the road for SLC. Not a bad drive, just long (5 hours).
Hope your Valentine's Day is great! Share your love with everyone, even people you haven't met. It's a good thing, today and as many days as possible.
Wish me luck,

No comments: