Sunday, February 13, 2011

TWO YEARS !

It's the two-year 'birthday' of this blog. 574 posts in those two years. All I can say is Wow!

When I contemplated the 'birth of the blog', I do remember that it was close to Valentine's Day. My husband and I were talking about ways to offer information, network, draw people to us in our respective professional endeavors. I saw blogging as a tool he could use. The longer we talked, the more excited I became. End result: I started a blog, he didn't (yet).
What was the purpose of this blog? At that time, I felt there needed to be a communication tool in the 'Inspired' community. I love the periodic newsletters to all instructors and interested students that I had been getting; but other than that, there was little to 'tie us together' as an 'inspired' group. So, I began a blog to share my experiences; to do my part to remedy the situation. FYI, at the time, I sent JF an e-mail, told him what I was doing and the reason. Why? If I am going to attach Anusara® to anything, I believe it's only good sense to tell the founder what I'm doing.
One of the struggles I noticed is that people, at that time, were not quite sure where/what/when they should be doing things to move them along the path to Certification. Not that I know everything, but I've learned a lot over the years. And, as I looked back at the things I'd done, it becomes apparent that a lot of self-effort is needed. What do I mean by that? At that time, there was no central place to ask questions and get answers, other than going directly to the source -- which, for many, is daunting. So, my goal was to offer my experiences for people to read about, perhaps get ideas from and proceed on their journey in their way.
And, what's happened? I think I've done as I hoped. I've had my wrist slapped a couple times when a reader didn't agree with what was written. I've learned a lot. I've become acquainted with the blog writings of others - which are wonderful sources of information, yoga-philosophy-shopping-etc. And, I'm still doing it two years later.
Today, we have more on Facebook to tie us together; more Certified teachers are offering mentoring courses (VALUABLE); and Anusara® has started the Forum - a great resource, in my book - we just need to use it. So, I'll keep writing and reading and moving along the path. On to year #3!
Today:
  • Planning for a Valentine's morning class at YogaTejas
  • Wind blowing - fiercely; that may affect cross-country skiing plans
Hope your Sunday is a good one,

No comments: