Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I 'PASSED' THE TEST CLASS

Wow, it seems every morning the routine stays the same, but come blog-time it's time for me to get on with the day. Poor blog. I apologize. I feel as if I'm letting an old (or new) friend down when I neglect it so.

Days here require more time to navigate for some reason. Perhaps it's just the newness of it all; figuring out how long it will take to get somewhere, what the traffic may be like, what other trips can I combine so use of that precious commodity, gasoline, is not wasted. Like that.
The pattern repeats itself within the walls of our new home, also. I find myself walking from room to room, carrying one item, then going back to the exact spot to repeat the process. It's kind of crazy-making. Like I am not getting a whole lot done.
Gradually, tho, we are whittling away at the boxes. Even accumulated enough to place an ad and sell some of them to future movers. Hoo-Ray!
And, as I settle in, I'm adding a layer here and there. One layer is my teaching. Last week's meeting with a studio owner relatively nearby went well; she put me on the schedule for 2 classes. Before we 'cement' the deal, she - smartly - needed to experience me teaching. So, we had a 'tryout' class yesterday -- a one-hour class attended by 2 of the regular instructors with a 3rd observing. I tried to teach 'basic', but yoga teachers don't always 'do' basic, so I taught to what I saw. My verbiage - which had just begun to emerge in ways I'd never experienced before - was a bit rusty, but the technical -- kind of like riding a bike. Fun. Best part? I passed. Very nice comments heard from the room, and that means I'm in. I'll sub 2 classes for this studio this week (Thursday), and on Friday I'm still on to help a Carlsbad instructor with her 2 morning classes.
The weekend, while busy, was fun. Sundari arrived from Maui for a few days, and invited me to join her and Tiffany Grimm for a practice Sunday afternoon. Well, you all know my comments about my practice recently. Put that together with practicing with two very skilled yoga practitioners, and you have a combination ripe for intimidation. Tried not to let it bother me, tho. Just practiced what I could; didn't whine and tried not to make excuses. Did, however, take advantage of Sundari's therapeutic knowledge and let her massage (or 'direct the tissue' - as she called it) my right hamstring. Good stuff. It was a fun, relaxed time and I so enjoyed seeing both ladies.
Today? Back to unpacking; then a trip in for lunch with the 'grand-dudes'; a bit of gift shopping; and home.
Hope you all have a great day,

No comments: