Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE PERFECT . . .

I'm talking about the move/house here when I say not everything can be perfect. Why? The house we bought is very nice, don't get me wrong; it's just been well-used. And, that wasn't apparent when I viewed the home with the previous owners' belongings in it. So, as we move around the house, I notice the marks on the wall, the dust from many years of walls not being dusted (BTW, I've never been big on dusting my walls, but I know housekeepers do it and I know this house could have used more of that effort -- therefore, I bought a tool and have been gradually moving through the house with it.). Then, there's a definite lack of window coverings - a problem being solved as I write (blinds are ordered). Once all the boxes are unpacked, I suspect the carpet will reveal it's true condition, and we'll be looking at replacing it.

Right now, tho, I'm dealing with appliances. Have a new washer/dryer - love them. Dishwasher and compactor gave it up about one week into our residence here. So, I've been in process of replacing them -- dishwasher will be here and installed on Friday. Compactor, tho, is giving me fits! I ordered it, it was delivered with washer/dryer (but not installed - I didn't order that, according to delivery guys). So, I ordered it and waited. Yesterday it was installed - not real happy with how it fits into cabinet, so I wasn't terribly disappointed when, upon test runs, it revealed itself to be defective. Now, back to the drawing board - new, defective model will stay here, I'll find a replacement, replacement will be delivered and installed. That's the plan.
Ahhh, patience -- it is coming in very handy these days.
My meeting with Andrea at Living Yoga, Temecula, went very well. We are exploring 2 classes - one, a therapeutic yoga class (similar to 'gentle' - but with a bit more emphasis on therapeutic benefits) and a basics class. Both good fits for me (style- and schedule-wise) and a good way to slide into the community. We have a couple 'housekeeping' chores to take care of before it's set in stone; if all goes well, classes would start in May. I'm excited and also happy to have an opportunity to put all my "90 minute" plans and ideas into play.

And, today?
  • Attack a few boxes this a.m.
  • Lunch with Valerie (who moved to San Diego from SLC 2 years ago and who practiced alongside me in Adam's classes for many years)
  • Check out consignment stores in Del Mar and Solana Beach for some of my clothing that needs to find another home.
Hope you all have a great Wednesday,

No comments: