Thursday, April 14, 2011

TEACHING TODAY!

Yes, I am actually going to teach a full class after 4 weeks in moving limbo. In fact, I'll be teaching 3 classes -- where will my voice be when I'm done?

Seems there is an event pulling 3 instructors away from Living Yoga in Temecula today, causing the need for a 'guest teacher' at 10am, 4pm, and 6pm. Look for the good here -- I'll have time between to take this computer to the Apple Store for a little R&R (repair & revival); then some time to get an elusive birthday gift. Not that teaching requires I look for the good -- it's the 3 classes part that has me a bit 'daunted'. Yet, it will be good to teach and to connect more with the studio; not to mention the students I'll meet.
Tomorrow (Friday), I'll be guest teaching again - 2 classes for a fellow Inspired instructor in Carlsbad, 9am and 10:45 or 11am (got the 9 am correct; the other class follows close on the heels, same place - so, I'm good).
Right now, my plan is to use the theme of patience; of taking time to notice what happens when we apply a principle to our practice (i.e. when you apply muscle energy thru arms and legs while in plank, doesn't the pose seem less strenuous? like that).
The settling into this house continues. We have most of the boxes inside the house unpacked and put away (or given away). A painter arrives tomorrow morning to begin the job of painting the ceilings (can you say tarps and drop cloths everywhere?). Looking for the good here -- fresh paint, able to hang artwork, finish putting things 'together'.
So, need to get ready for the big day -- off for Temecula by 8:45 (allowing for unfamiliar traffic); take lots of provisions with me, since I won't be back here until later this evening.
Hope you have a great day!

No comments: