Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'M STILL HERE

Just a short post to let you all know I'm still around. It has been one wild week at our house! We are:
  1. Painting the ENTIRE inside (ceilings, trim, walls)
  2. Planning for painting the exterior window trim
  3. Having parts of the house measured for carpet
  4. Having shrubs trimmed back and removed
  5. Getting the new dishwasher installed tomorrow (YES!)
  6. Hauling 'stuff' of the previous owner's out of the attic, studio, yard to the recycler, the dump, or the Goodwill-type stores -- depending on what each item qualified for.
  7. Preparing for installation of a gate that will - we hope - contain our two dogs on this one-acre of property.
  8. Still looking at some boxes to unpack inside the house, and the garage -- oh, my!
Whew! Tired after just writing this.
Then, there's the weekend -- we will have Easter dinner here (now that's motivation to pull it together, isn't it?)
So, a few things on the agenda that have been keeping me from the blog, my reading, and my intention to attend some yoga classes this week. I keep reminding myself that I will have lots of time to do these neglected activities; today, I must focus on settling into this house. Until that happens, the others will not flourish (if that makes sense). In other words, so long as I'm worried about the 8 action items above, I will continue to be distracted. So, 'get'er done'.
Today? Carpet person comes, unpack a couple of the boxes marked 'fragile', clean up the cabinets these items will call home, plan for artwork (where will it best hang), dodge painters.

Hope you have a good day!

No comments: