Saturday, April 16, 2011

POST #600 - WHAT BETTER TO WRITE ABOUT THAN BEING "WANTED"

When I lived in Salt Lake, my entry into teaching yoga was facilitated (and necessitated) by owning a studio -- I could craft my studio schedule, insert myself here and there on that schedule, and not worry about competing with others for coveted teaching positions.

And, as the decision was made to sell the studio and move away from the area, I worried that no one would 'want' me. That there would be so many instructors that I would find myself in the challenging position of looking for and competing for teaching spots. But, no -- surprising to me is the fact that I guess I've arrived at the right place, right time and now have 4 classes to begin teaching in May.

What a wonderful surprise to arrive in Fallbrook and be welcomed by being 'wanted'!
I've decided to dedicate Tuesdays and Thursdays to teaching (perhaps add in another day for private sessions). A small studio in Carlsbad has offered me an opportunity to teach 2 classes (Tues/Thurs mornings); the studio in Temecula has offered me 2 classes -- also Tues/Thurs, but in the afternoons. I figure it this way -- drive into Carlsbad, teach. Return home for a quick bite of lunch, then off to Temecula to teach -- that will be my Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Best of all, this schedule leaves me with plenty of free time for 'Grand-Dudes', friends, my own exercise and practice, plus all the associated activities of a 'new-to-me' home. What a great start!
Back to the present - the weekend is here. We plan to check out consignment stores today -- get away from the unpacking for a few hours. Besides, there are painters in the house -- how can you unpack with tarps over most of the floor, cabinets, furniture, even the boxes still remaining inside the house. So -- best plan is to ESCAPE!
Hope you have a great day and weekend!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your new teaching gigs, Leslie!!!

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

thats so great!!! You are such a wonderful person and friend. miss you

xo