Saturday, May 14, 2011

HERE WE ARE - SATURDAY, AGAIN

Boy, look back one year and you saw Leslie (me) diligently posting in her blog almost every day, without fail. Gradually, this has shifted; maybe that's a good thing. We'll see.

Home life remains much the same -- still unpacking, still have contractors & gate builders & sprinkler people & painters scheduled to work or working on the house. Progress, slow but sure. This weekend we must attack the garage -- clear out one bay and make it presentable and ready for the shifting of older storage cabinets into that space, making space for the new ones.
I had a good week of teaching. The Temecula classes are going well -- for being an unknown commodity, people are coming to experience my classes and returning for more. The Carlsbad classes; well, at least the 'zero' barrier was broken this week. That's what it takes, tho -- one person, then another, and another; and - positive thinking - the word will spread and the classes will grow.
I found it interesting and exciting that the experienced student who joined me this week (Carlsbad) enjoyed a couple of 'ah-ha' moments. One of those included simply softening the elbows in her bhujangasana (cobra pose), allowing her shoulders to glide towards the back plane of the body. Her comment: 'totally different, but good, feeling'. Love it!
This weekend? Like I said, more house stuff.
And next week? I was registered for a training with Darren Rhodes, Christina Sell & Amy Ippoliti. Logistically, considering the move, the work we are having done and Howard's work travel, it just is not going to happen. I believe they will have no trouble filling my space, however -- sounds like that is going to be one great training. But, for me, another time.
How does all this fit with the theme I used this week in my classes? Well, lots of effort + a bit of surrender = freedom. When I reflect on my decision about the training next week, I can see that I over-efforted to even register; I clung to that decision until yesterday (effort). When I made the decision to forego the training (surrender), my mood lifted (freedom). There will be other opportunities. (In fact, Ashley Fiala is offering a one-day workshop in Riverside the next weekend -- that one I can happily manage 'logistically'.)
Hope you have a great weekend,

No comments: