Thursday, June 30, 2011

JUNE 30, ALREADY!

3 months, 9 days, we have been in our home in Fallbrook. Impressions? We are happy. We aren't unpacked yet, but we are happy. Very content with the decision to move, not missing too much about the home we left behind (except the 'unpacked-ness'), and settling in to new routines quite nicely.

The one constant for me has been my practice and my connection to the world of Anusara® yoga. How? Well, for me, Facebook was a strong conduit in the beginning; keeping me up-t0-date on who was doing what, even if they were formally unknown to me (like you, I have a number of 'friends' I haven't met yet).
Within Facebook, I discovered "90 Minutes to Change the World", led by Amy Ippoliti. This is an on-line webinar series designed to help us re-discover and re-claim our power as the 'local yoga teacher' (as opposed to the superstar who comes to town to do a workshop or training). Not that I have anything against the superstar -- I'm right there in class with everyone else when they arrive. It does make sense, tho, for some of us to 'hold the fort', and Amy wisely saw the need to bolster our confidence, our business acumen, and even touches on mechanics of a well-designed class (tho everyone participating does not teach Anusara® yoga).
She offered us a deal to repeat the 'new and improved' course, which I did. Then, she went on to offer 'Superheroes' -- more in-depth sharing. Needless to say, I did that one, as well. I've learned a lot. The best part? The connection to fellow yoga teachers from all over the country (and world). Since joining the group, there hasn't been a morning that someone (or many) from the group are posting within our own "private" FB page, asking questions, generating discussion -- great brain food for us all. Now that the formal webinar has ended, conversation continues -- new friends, even tho I haven't 'formally' met them yet.
Besides my Facebook endeavors, my teaching continues -- the two classes in Carlsbad are holding steady in small numbers; I'm hoping this is a similar phenomenon to one I experienced in Salt Lake. I had a class there that lingered at 2-3 for one year; then magically jumped to 9-10 attendees -- hope I can wait a year. Temecula is certainly a more vibrant studio; more established in the community; more success there - which is a good thing; keeps me from feeling too discouraged. As in SLC, the Gentle/Therapeutic class is very rewarding to me and appears a direction I'll move towards.
Then, there's the connection to Anusara® in general -- much stronger here with the establishment of the center in Encinitas, scheduled to open in October.
Besides yoga, we love being close to Derek, Jess and the 3 calif. grand-dudes. We are having fun coming up with ideas of things to do with them that they might not have done yet (i.e. 'orchestra night').
So, a bit caught up on the blog. No intention to stop writing in it, just many things to do here in sunny So. Cal.
Have a great Thursday,

No comments: