Sunday, July 3, 2011

FINALLY, WE MEET . . .

Sometime in late 2009, I began reading Christina Sell's blog (see blog list on the right). I was voracious for blogs, for commentary on the practice of Anusara Yoga. One day, looking for more, I scrolled down the list of her favorite blogs and came upon MariaCristina's. Clicked on it. Read it. Good stuff; so I went back a few posts and landed on a November 2009 post titled "The hardest class ever" (her blog link is also to the right).

Read it, laughed, re-read it, laughed even harder, told my friends about it. Not that her other posts weren't funny or entertaining, this one struck a cord -- here was a person with a sense of humor, an ability to poke some fun at herself publicly, be human. I liked that, and have read 98% of her posts since that day (being honest here - to say 100% might be stretching it).
During that time her posts have been inspirational, educational, celebratory, a bit sad (thinking of her Grandmother, here), always human. And, I love the way she ends many of them with the phrase "may we remember to . . . (whatever the blog topic relates to)".
As a result, we struck up a dialogue; can't remember the first contact - MariaCristina reminds me that I commented on the post, "The hardest class ever". And, I continued to comment on her posts, and she would always graciously send a 'thank you'. She began to read my blog and comment, when appropriate. When I blogged about my Certification exam, she gave me one bit of advice (no answer, just advice), which I followed and which helped me immensely! We continued to e-mail and look forward to meeting each other one day. My move to So. Calif. made that possible; and when the b-day celebration for JF was held, we were both there -- just at different times.
So, when she knew she would be coming south for the 4th of July weekend, she e-mailed me. We constructed a plan to meet for a class, meal, whatever. The plan in motion, 3 of us converged in Del Mar yesterday. Marlene Bullock (a friend who has moved here from Phoenix) joined us. We finally met, face to face. And, it was good.
We have a plan to meet again: if not before, she hopes to come back south for my 'expansion' class in August (plug: August 7, 1-3 pm, Expansion Class, "Re-Muster Your Power", at Living Yoga Center in Temecula).
Good stuff -- the kind good and lasting memories are made of.
Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments: