Monday, June 20, 2011

WHERE, OH WHERE, HAVE YOU BEEN, LESLIE?

Around, here and there, doing this and that. Busy, busy, busy and somewhat distracted.

The distracted part is what has pulled me away from the blog, because I've been busy before and still found time to blog. This time, tho, the distraction has been too powerful and too unresistable -- so, I've been falling prey to it.
Here I am, tho - still around, still unpacking, still working on growing my classes, still working towards Certification, still enjoying 'grand-dudes' and family.
We are pleased to announce that we can now almost get one car into our 3-car garage. Can you imagine 2 people having so much 'stuff' that they can't get one car into a 3-car garage? Well, look no further. I am reading "Life Is A Verb" -- this will be a favorite, if only for this one sentence: "It is stuff that keeps us from participating fully, from saying 'yes'." Our life for the past 3 months has been controlled by 'stuff' - what to do with this, do we sell that?, do we give away this other thing? or, do we just put something in a cabinet, thinking we'll use it someday - better not get rid of it. "Stuff" -- I could write a whole post on this topic.
I am, in the midst of 'stuff', still working towards Certification. A second phase of homework from my mentor arrived last week. I responded yesterday. I love this work. Why? Because there are lessons in the completed work that garnered a 'great' or a 'nice' from my mentor. I look at that work and I learn that it met the objectives and I have a model for moving forward. And, the work that needs enhancement? Well, it's a challenge, but I enjoy re-thinking, re-writing, re-submitting it. It's in, now I wait.
I received a very nice comment from a student who regularly attends my classes. She teaches yoga, and - from what I gather - is always striving to learn more by attending classes in the area. What did she say? That my classes are like attending mini-workshops. She went on to say that she was impressed with how I looked at the group, assessed what I saw, then taught to that. Wow! What can you say to such a nice comment? "Thank you" (then, when alone, jump up and down and stomp my feet with happiness).
A new week - we've invited family out for dinner; not sure if they're coming yet, but still a motivating factor for housework. Once I know their plan, I'll either be cooking/cleaning or going to a class. Need to get to an "Ashley" class (Ashley Lombardo-Fiala, Certified Anusara Instructor).
Hope you have a great Monday!

No comments: