Sunday, August 21, 2011

READY, SET, VIDEO!

Yes, my second video will be created tomorrow. Am I nervous? Am I worried? Am I whatever? Not really. And, not sure why.

I have video'd a lot -- this is a tip for those of you fearing the video process. It really does get easier the more you do, so video a LOT; even if you do nothing with those videos but erase them. Watch some, tho; this takes practice, as well -- hard to look at ourselves without looking at outfit, posture, mannerisms. It takes a while to just be comfortable watching with an objective eye.
Video'ing for Certification in Anusara® yoga teaching is a BIG deal. It's the final bridge to a long, long stream of work and study. My Certification reviewer has reviewed my plan for the class -- theme, heart quality, apex, alignment focus -- has given me the 'go'. So, I'll 'go'. Tomorrow.
Ashley, who regularly teaches at 5pm on Mondays, has graciously turned over her classroom to me for this video opportunity. Not really an 'invitation' class, but a well-schooled group of people who love Ashley, yet are willing to allow me into the room for this chance to teach them, all the while the video camera will be running.
My plan to supplement my preparation -- write out a list of words (thesaurus comes in VERY handy at these times), so I don't repeat the same instructions/feelings over and over ad nauseum. I also will go back to my reviewer's notes from the one video she has seen and read them again -- I know what she wanted me to improve; I may pick up other 'pearls', previously un-noticed by me. I will do one more run-thru of the entire class -- practicing it myself, guiding myself through the sequence. Still not entirely comfortable with this -- talking to myself (out loud, no less), as I practice, alone. Perhaps it's o.k. to ask a question of myself as I do this? Really role play the experience. This may be the one time it is all right to answer when I'm talking to myself.
I hope to do all this early in the day, today. Then, I will try NOT to think about it too much; at least, until tomorrow afternoon.
Mental note to self: take the camera and all needed paraphernalia.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

how exciting. wish i could take the class. You are going to do great. looking forward to see your blog change its title to Aunsara-Certified :)

Judy said...

You'll be great! And I mean that sincerely. Yes, I'm still following your blog and keeping up on your new life in Calif. So many things you have taught me have been useful as I am still plagued with sciatic pain in leg. Such as: posture, alignment, the foot exercises, the stories. I've even started meditation and hum the chant and hate it that I can't remember the words. Thanks for your instruction and friendship. You are a great teacher.