Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FEELING 'INSPIRED' (and a little 'tired')

So far, the week has been a good and busy one, and it's only Wednesday!

Monday's Library class was one that saw growth. There were 7 in the room - 2 repeaters & 5 new-to-me. All seemed to enjoy the class, despite the piano playing on the other side of the divided space we were occupying. The music, while nice, was a bit distracting. Each time I thought that, I wondered how he (the piano player) felt -- also competing with my voice. (FYI, the room has previously been devoted to this yoga class; Monday, however, the room was divided and on one side was the piano, on the other - us. I do admit that I found my voice accelerating in volume as the piano got louder.) Teaches us something - not sure what, but something. Perhaps the lesson is to hope this competition of noises doesn't happen next week!?!?!?
Hopped in the car and sped (drove carefully) up to Temecula, arriving in time to take Ashley's class, which I enjoyed -- a change of pace in that she offered a flowing with the breath type class, no handstands or urdhva's to deal with (tho there were a couple camels thrown in - but then, I like camel).
Then, wait and wonder if people will attend the evening meditation/basic yoga class that I had offered to sub. It's not the most well-attended class (hence the wondering). Be still my heart -- in walked one gentleman, then another young woman, then the man's wife, and - as we got started - a 4th student joined us. Only one had tried meditation before, so we did a blend of gentle movement, a short sit, then a restorative pose, another short sit, then some pranayama (supported by a bolster), and a final sit - which was a couple minutes longer (FYI, a 60 minute class). I think it went well. The experienced meditator may not have gotten what she hoped for, but she was smiling as she left. And, to ask 3 new-to-sitting students to sit for extended periods of time is just plain unreasonable (my opinion).
Tuesday -- in to Carlsbad for my 10:30 class. Still small -- just one young woman with scoliosis in attendance. She had yoga experience, none very detailed, so she was perfect to experience "Leslie's Nit-Picky Private Yoga Session". We lengthened, we talked, we moved, we refined. She left with some new knowledge; we'll see if she returns to my class.
The Therapeutic/Gentle class in Temecula also was attended by a young woman with scoliosis and a woman (almost 80!) with some joint issues. Wide age spectrum, but both with yoga experience. Interesting that, as we worked -- more and more came out about each, in terms of their physical stuff. Each time I turned around, there was something else that had been bothering them that they had forgotten to tell me! It did give us something to laugh about, tho.
My first formal Prenatal/Postpartum Class was also a private. 8 months and counting. Well-schooled (her); needing to become more confident (me). Another learning opportunity.
Today? In to Carlsbad to the Apple store. I did download my video to this computer; cannot get it to a DVD - I've forgotten, need a little help. Had hoped to have it in the mail on Monday, it's Wednesday, no DVD yet! Maybe today.
Add to the above a house to clean, a morning spent taking grand-dudes to karate, laundry to do, errands to run, and I'm feeling it -- a bit tired, that is, but it's been fun (except laundry and cleaning).
Hope your Wednesday is a great one!

No comments: