Monday, October 3, 2011

NICE WEEKEND!

It was -- a very nice weekend. And, warm -- having moved to So. Calif. from Utah, we'd gotten used to variations in weather at this time of year (thunderstorms, a chill in the air, like that). Here, it's just nice. Even had the A/C turn on a few times; in October, no less.

Add to the weather, we shared some fun activities with son and family -- Jack's soccer game Saturday morning (he scored at least one goal), followed by breakfast with all at a restaurant. I mention that because Derek commented that he believed it was the first time they had taken all 3 to a real restaurant as a family. All were well behaved and in good spirits -- fun and enjoyable.
Once home, laundry - sweeping (this new dog has added exponentially to the amount of critter hair floating around on our floors) - other misc. Saturday stuff.
Sunday, taught the 10am class at Living Yoga. Nice group of 10; some new-to-yoga, some experienced, some in-the-middle. We warmed up, without wearing out the arms, and went to the wall. At least 3 had never given handstand a try; so, that's where we went. Impressed with the level of adventuresome-ness in the room. All were willing to give it a go; several kicked up alone, the rest I gave a leg up. Good stuff! This is new for me - including handstand in my classes and I'm enjoying it. With smaller groups like this, I can control the mayhem that often breaks out when people are having fun - so, it's a good thing.
Today? An early appointment, then home to take care of more house stuff, then the library class from 3-4pm.
And later this week -- I'll travel north to Idaho (leaving husband with critters holding down the Fallbrook Fort). Why? I've been invited to assist Sundari in her Immerson I, beginning Wednesday. New experience for me; growth experience; out of the comfort zone -- a good thing.
Hope your Monday is a good one,

No comments: