Thursday, October 6, 2011

WEDNESDAY MORNING

Up early to get ready for Day 2 of assisting in Sundari's Immersion I, Jackson, WY, and I noticed it's been a few days since my last post. I've let life get in the way of my writing, once again.

Or, perhaps, the inspiration to write hasn't been there -- that may be the better reason. In any case, I'll bring you (whoever is reading out there) up-to-date on my past few days.
Monday turned into a somewhat hectic day -- EARLY appointment in Encinitas (which means I have to be on the road EXTRA EARLY to get to destination). We have placed ourselves back in the situation we thought we would love to be out of -- traffic. FYI, we lived in San Diego 18 years ago before moving to Salt Lake. Traffic is never predictable. You never know when something is going to happen on the roads; and - some days - there's not even a logical reason for the slowdown. I hit one of those non-logical slowdown on Monday; making me 10 minutes late for my appointment. Fortunately, it worked out. On with my day, I ran a couple errands, had lunch at home with Howard, then a few house things, before heading out to the Library for the Monday Yoga Class.
Wow! 14 in the room at 3pm on a Monday afternoon at the Library. It is a community class, but 14 at 3pm on a Monday? Who knew! And, I love it. There is something about people coming together, chatting, laughing, getting ready to do yoga that I love. Everyone smiling, everyone happy to be in the room, to be in good company. Good stuff. FYI, all levels are encouraged to attend this class, so - for now - I'm staying pretty basic in the teaching.
Home to pack and organize a bit for Tuesday -- my class in Carlsbad and then a flight out of Orange County to Idaho Falls. All that went well; made it to class on time, drive to airport/parking/flights -- all were on time. I arrived in Idaho Falls at 9pm, drove to Driggs (I am naming a book or a song "Driving to Driggs", someday; not sure what will be in it, but it will be good -- so, buy a copy.
Huh? Yes, I am in Driggs, sitting in our small home, enjoying a cup of coffee. In a few minutes I'll begin to get ready to assist in day 2 of Immersion I with Sundari. (Howard and dogs/cats are holding down the fort in Fallbrook.)
It's quiet here. So quiet, I can only hear the ticking of the cuckoo clock; nothing else.
Day one (yesterday) started well. I marvel at watching Sundari teach for 6+ hours. She has been so busy, that we hadn't really discussed my role (other than I knew it would include a lot of 'gophering'). 'Gophering' is fine with me -- I'm getting to hear all the Immersion content again (it's been 5 years since Martin & Jordan; and 2 years since John). And, I am getting to meet a group of wonderful people -- people from all walks of life coming together like my Libray group, because they love yoga. We talked last night and I was told to interject my thoughts/suggestions more; we'll see. Be careful what you wish (ask) for.
I love that I got a note from one of my Facebook friends wishing me luck on this new adventure. What a thoughtful and kind person. I will pay that one forward.
One other thing, Congratulations to Barbara Adams (Yoga Village, Scottsdale) on her Certification! I met Barbara at my trainings with Martin & Jordan, and we have kept in touch since then. Such an accomplishment!
Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments: